If you've run a contest with GoGo Photo Contest in the past, marketing your newest contest to your previous contest participants should be a no-brainer for ONE BIG REASON:
They have already shown previous interest in participating in a photo contest fundraiser held by your organization!
To reach out to previous participants, you will need to use an email client that allows you to do mass email sends such as SendGrid or MailChimp. You can attempt to send marketing emails through an email client such as Gmail or Yahoo but they will most likely limit the amount of sends you can do in one day
Gmail, for example, will temporarily disable your account if you send messages to more than 500 recipients or if you send a large number of undeliverable messages. If you use a POP or IMAP client (for example: Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail), you may only send a message to 100 people at a time. Your account should be re-enabled within 24 hours. source.
How to find previous participant email addresses:
1. Log into the GGPC Admin: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/admin/
2. Choose your previous contest from the Current Contest drop-down at the bottom ledger of the GGPC Admin dashboard:
3. Once your previous contest has loaded (you'll be able to tell by the contest title in the upper right-hand corner of the GGPC Admin), select the All Participants report from the Contest Reports section on the main dashboard.
4. This loads the Participants (All) Report. Click Export to CSV at the top of the screen to download the spreadsheet file.
5. From there, you can use your spreadsheet software to copy the column of email addresses.
Note: If you'd rather promote your contest to just previous entrants (versus all previous contest participants, which includes entrants and voters), you can find those email addresses within the Participants (Entrants Only) report.
6. Compose your email blast. Here's are two excellent examples from previous clients: