Participants can change their own passwords through the password reset link at the contest site.
The participant will be taken to a screen asking for their email address. From there, a temporary password reset link will be sent to their email inbox.
They will need to click on the link in the email to set their new password.
NOTE: The temporary password reset link expires after 60 minutes. If they click the link after 60 minutes has lapsed, they will be taken to a screen letting them know that they need to request a new password reset link.
This process works in 99% of the time. Occasionally you may have a participant reach out to you that says they either didn't receive a password reset email in their inbox, or if they did, the links in the email do not work.
The reasons this happens is varied, but usually has to do with the spam/security filter they have installed on their machine or in their email inbox.
If this happens, you can reset their password administratively in the GGPC Admin.
How to Administratively Reset a Participant's Password:
1. Log into the GGPC Admin: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/admin
2. Navigate to Participants
3. Search for your participant. When you have found them, click the Pencil Icon (Edit Participant):
4. The Add/Edit Participant Screen loads. Enter in the desired password in the "Password" field (we recommend using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols- at least 8 characters long):
5. Then, click SAVE at the bottom of the screen:
6. Email the participant to let them know their new password.